Benchmarks & Client Cases
New Plant Design
• Large investment in a New Plant (9M$ Capex)
• Very long Payback period (7 years)
• Investment on-hold
• Costly new plant design
• Traditional supply chain design principles
• Excess waste in design
• Value Stream Design: Develop the entire value chain, aligned with the vision of the plant and Lean Principles
• Plant Layout Design: Reduction of waste in logistics, processes and communication circuit
• 8 layouts developed and evaluated against previously identified Muda
• Direct Link between process and packaging
The optimal layout resulted in a reduction of project CAPEX of 12% ($7.9 million) and a payback period of 3,5 years.
Lead Time from purchase order to customer delivery
Delivery Lead Time decreased by 10% corresponding to less 2 days
Plant capacity increased by 25%
Total distance travelled
Total distance travelled decrease by 20%
Get the one-page report!
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training program includes learning the theory and practice and Gemba visits.