Job Posting Sr Cl Consultant
Kaizen Institute North America is a leading multi-discipline continuous improvement consultancy with operations across the US and Canada. Visit us at www.us.kaizen.com
Our company provides a flexible combination of services including best-in-class consulting services, end-to-end process development and complete client representation. We are also committed to employee growth and are dedicated to implementing best in class Lean Practices to its client group.
We currently have the following opportunity for a Senior Continuous Improvement Consultant/Lean Practitioner
Director, Continuous Improvement Operations
Plan, direct, and coordinate process improvement activities for a varied client base in a number of industries.
Essential Duties and Responsabilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead a project team to implement process improvement using Lean principles.
- Utilize experience and training to quickly assess the situation and provide the team with the proper Lean tools to collect data, analyze, and implement solutions to eliminate waste.
- Support the goals of the client and work with Plant-level leaders to instill behaviours are aligned with Lean – able to inspire results, develop stars, be a role model, and seize the moment.
- Facilitate the collaborative examination of the possible outcomes of process improvement projects with the team; focus the team on safety, quality and productivity.
- Deliver results – consistently challenge teams to achieve superior results, always question the status quo.
- Communicate relentlessly – must be an effective listener; able to ‘read’ the cues of the audience and adapt approach/message; encourage open communication and sharing of ideas among the team members, ensuring that everyone has a voice.
- Develop Talent and Teams – work with teams to effectively draw on the strength of the individuals while fostering growth of emerging leaders by identifying and coaching team leaders.
- Build relationships - is able to connect with the clients and earn respect quickly.
- Makes smart decisions; helps the team to analyze situations and break problems down into manageable parts; considers multiple solutions to a given problem; acts only on facts/data.
- Champions continuous improvement efforts and supports sustainable change.
- Deliver Regular Status Reports to Client’s Management Team
- The ideal candidate will have 15 years of manufacturing experience coupled with a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience implementing Lean in one or more of the following areas:
- Manufacturing Operations
- Product or Design Engineering
- Logistics or Distribution
- Quality Assurance
- Business Process Improvement
- Committed to self-development; the incumbent must have a mastery of the Lean/Six Sigma approach and toolset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization, from executive management to shop floor associates.
Strong skills in the following areas:
- Value Stream Mapping
- Process Mapping
- Data Analysis
- Business Process Analysis
- Process Modeling
- The successful candidate must also demonstrate above average intelligence, flexibility, creativity, honesty, & integrity etc.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate past successful implementations of Lean projects.
- Extensive travel will be required to be successful in this position.
- Candidates must be legally qualified to work in the USA. A candidate with the legal ability to work in both Canada and the USA would be ideal.
- This opportunity may either be an employee position or a consulting/contract position.
The ideal candidate will have qualifications that closely match the following:
- Certified Lean Black Belt with 3-5 years implementation experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
Cities: Chicago, Calgary